Tuesday, May 5, 2009

April Recap

I can't believe it is already May!

In April Paul spent a wonderful week visiting family. Unfortunately I let everyone else take the pictures on their cameras and I don't have much to show for it. So sorry grandparents, you'll have to send me some of your pics if you want them posted. Paul had a great time nonetheless.

Besides family, April was full of some fun food experiments. I think this pictures says it all...


He makes this face after the first bite of... well... everything! Even foods he likes. I gave him some bread the other day and was so excited when he appeared to like it. But that didn't last long. As soon as the bread in his mouth got soggy the face returned.

To avoid swallowing Paul rests the food either on the center of his tongue or smashed up against the roof of his mouth. I timed him once and it took 10 minutes and a toy to chew on before he finally swallowed. It is the craziest thing, but he is definitely getting better at the food thing each day.

Here he is eating a Gerber Puff.


I don't know how he does it, but Paul can worm his way into the craziest places. Lately he likes to spend his time underneath things like the desk, the table and his jumper.


Paul has two bottom teeth now! Way to go Paul. But that hasn't curbed his obsession with chewing on things. Here he is eating his crib!


And for fun here are some random pictures I like.


3 comments:

Hepworths said...

Love the food phobia, wish I had that! Paul couldn't be any cuter, and I can't get over his chubby legs, they are my favorite. It was good to see Chris this past weekend, Toria, we need to see you and that baby of yours. Come to Utah soon so Grant can meet his friend.

Todd,Shara & Mykah said...

Toria I am totally bummed I did not get to see you when you were at church! I saw you in sunday school but left right after cause Mykah wouldnt stop crying! I saw Paul though and he is so cute! He is so tall! I love love his hair! Hopefully I will catch you next time your down!

S.A.S. said...

These are adorable. Paul is just so big, and happy, and has that hair I'll never quite get over. The distaste for food cracks me up - I love the spit-out of the puff. Ah Paul, one day...