Yesterday while carrying Paul down the stairs, I slipped and fell, dropping Paul in the process. When Paul finally calmed down, I discovered that while he was okay with sitting and crawling, he would start to cry whenever he would try to stand or walk and refused to put weight on his right leg.
Thankfully I really like the pediatric office he goes to. They got him in yesterday evening, took x-rays, and quickly confirmed that something was wrong with his leg. Today we had an appointment with a pediatric orthopedist who put his leg in a cast. In two weeks the doctor will take off the cast, do more x-rays and go from there, but I have a feeling that he will be in a cast for at least 5 weeks. I just hope that after two his cast won't have to go all the way up to his hip.
The worst part of this is that Paul has a respiratory cold and just feels miserable on top of having a broken bone. I'm hoping that when he starts getting over his cold he'll warm up to his new appendage.
That's the story, here is the picture.

I'm sorry Paul, I love you.
9 comments:
poor guy! I broke my leg when I was his age too and my mom saved the cast. We still have it. I'm not sure if that is creepy or what but it's fun to see how small it is.
Oh, poor Paul. That's such a bummer. I bet you feel terrible. Good think it's all okay. :)
Oh I can't belive they had to cast it past his kneen! Is he trying to get it off or just staying chill? Whith the new haircut he really does look like a "little man"!
I remember when Allen broke his leg -- he was two. I felt awful and he did lots of sitting around, watching PBS kids while he healed.
I am so sorry. I am glad that is all that you both came away with.
Wow! Misty and Lexie had the same experience. I hope he feels better and you're okay too!
Toria he is so cute! Sorry to hear about his fall:(
Oh my gosh...so sad yet SOOO cute!
Oh my heart-melting. That little cast shouldn't be so darn cute, but it is. Maybe it's all of the hair AND his cast. Hope little Paul mends soon!
Post a Comment