We are so excited to share the good news that we are expecting baby #2 in early June!
I know we've already told so many people, but it doesn't feel official without a blog post. I have an ultrasound this Friday and if we're lucky we'll have a Boy/Girl announcement soon!
While it is hard to trump such a big thing as having a baby, Paul does a lot of little things that are also blog worthy; so here they are.
The Little Things
- Paul's vocabulary is growing every day. While his only official/consistent words are still "Ah Oh" and "Tick Tock" he repeats most words I say to him and can point words I say like ears, nose, water, car, etc.
- Paul has started to imitate me, and not just the little things that must look like fun to a toddler (e.g., taking out pots and pans, pushing buttons on the phone, and moving laundry from one basket to another). The other day he went into my bathroom, took out the blow dryer, plugged it into the electrical outlet, rubbed the dryer on his head, and then put it back in the bathroom drawer.
- Paul finally figured out how to climb on things like the kitchen chairs and then onto the kitchen table. I don't think he will be a climber, but he sure has fun conquering everyday obstacles.
- Paul is getting better and better at stacking blocks and legos. It keeps him entertained and gives me a nice little break. We recently set up a tent in the play room and often I find him in there just playing away with his various blocks and stacking toys.
Paul is obsessed with steering wheels:

Stacking blocks in his tent:

Merry Christmas!
Paul wasn't so sure about meeting Santa at Dad's work party. Maybe next year...

Paul with his big Santa gift:

Lots of love from his cousins and grandparents:

More fun Christmas toys:

Paul got to rekindle an old friendship when some friends got stranded here at the airport.
He was a bit nervous at first...

But things warmed up after he remembered the value of a good handshake:

Paul walking in Mom's shoes:
I know I shouldn't be surprised by it, but I still am amazed at how much snow has piled up after what has felt like so little snow fall. After all it is only January. At least it is beautiful.
Here is our house:

And here is the street we live on:

Finally, Paul's dancing just cracks me up. He has been "dancing" ever since he learned to sit and wiggle his hips. Every few weeks he adds a new step to his routine. The evolution has gone something like, stomp stomp, turnaround, squat, clap, lunge. Unfortunately he is even more interested in electronics than dancing so I've had a hard time capturing all of his moves on tape, but here is what I have so far.
3 comments:
Congratulations, that is exciting news!! Paul is such a cute kid. Amanda told me what fun that had visiting you guys.
So excited for you! Congrats!
Paul is growing up so fast...what a cutie!
haha.. I LOVE Paul's dancing. I cracked up when he was dancing to JayZ and Eminem
Post a Comment