Monday, March 2, 2009

"Professional" Pictures

Even with all of the coupons we get for free sittings and free 8x10's at portrait studios like Target and Sears, the whole professional portrait thing seems too complicated for me. Paul is great with a schedule, but I just have a feeling that no matter when the appointment time is, Paul will decide at that moment that he would rather be sleeping or eating (or even worse, spitting up all over himself).

So I decided to avoid the unnecessary anxiety and do the photo shoot by myself at home. I had a great time! I even downloaded a free trial of Photoshop so I could doctor up the results. While the pictures aren't quite professional grade, I think that the smiles I could capture (and the fact that Paul took a nap between the two photos shown below) were worth it.

4 comments:

acandiedapple said...

Cute! I think that is a really sweet smile. Good job!

Andrea said...

Yes, professional pictures can be a hassle. (I see them on the wall and remember the experiences... luckily they haven't been too bad.) You did a good job.

Brett and Lauren said...

He is such a cute kid! I thought the pictures were really professional until you said otherwise :)

The Hann Family said...

I can't believe how grown up he looks! I can't believe our babies are 6 months now!