Friday, December 5, 2008

The Hair

For some reason, before Paul was born we really really wanted him to have hair, so when he was born with a lot of long hair the last thing we wanted to do was cut it. But after just a week, it was apparent that some of the hair would have to go. I was too nervous to cut his sideburns (he was so small and the scissors would have to come too close to his ears and eyes for comfort), but a quick fix to the mullet in the back didn't seem too difficult. So I snipped off a bit.

Then, as Paul met more people, I kept hearing the same story over and over again about how other babies lost their hair around 2-3 months. I'll admit, I think those stories made me a little protective of Paul's hair and I lost any desire I had previously had to cut his sideburns.

Well, Paul got to meet his extended family over Thanksgiving and I received enough requests to snip his "burns" that I finally gave in.

Here are the before and after shots:


Needless to say, I'm glad I took the advice. Isn't he handsome.

2 comments:

Hallman Family said...

Oh Toria,

He is soo Cute. Have fun with this little guy. They grow up way to fast! Have a great Holiday!
Cousin Celeste

Todd,Shara & Mykah said...

Hey Toria, It was so fun to see you and get to meet your new little guy! He is a cutie! Your family pictures turned out really good!